At the Bean (Chicago Summer 2006)

At the Bean (Chicago Summer 2006)
That's me, in the middle, with my daughter, Irene, and my son-in-law, Michael. They got me started with blogging! Now I love it to keep in touch with family and friends.

January 20, 2010

Getting away



The winter of 2009/10 isn't any gentler then the previous ones. It's time to get away. As every year the Spinners from the southern states and beyond get together In Destin, Florida "to provide time for spinners to visit with old and new friends, expand their knowledge of their craft trough sharing, and to generally just relax,have fun and do what they love the best.
It is also an opportunity for spinners to exhibit the items which they have made using handspun yarns.
2010 challenge: "Sock It To Me". This will be special show and tell on Saturday morning. Only requirement is that some part of it be made of handspun or relate to spinning.
RANDOM NONSENSE: Skits, songs and other nonsense are encouraged.
I am almost packed. AAA helped me to plan my route. I plan to stop somewhere in southern Illinois or Kentucky for the first night. I've been invited by Joyce and John whom I've met on the photography workshop in northern Wisconsin, to stop for overnight in Birmingham. "Be sure to bring your photos" was an enticement.