At the Bean (Chicago Summer 2006)

At the Bean (Chicago Summer 2006)
That's me, in the middle, with my daughter, Irene, and my son-in-law, Michael. They got me started with blogging! Now I love it to keep in touch with family and friends.

June 15, 2009

SPRING ON RHF







AFTER SOME DELAYS AND UNPREDICTABLE WEATHER SPRING FINALLY ESTABLISHED ITSELF GIVING US PLENTY OF WORK.
THIS YEAR STAS' PLANNED HIS UPPER GARDEN BY DESIGNING WIDE ROWS TO SEED WITH CLOVER, THUS ENRICHING THE SOIL AND TAKING CONTROL OF THE WEEDS.
THE IDEA WORKED WELL. WE PLANTED 2 1/2 ROWS OF POTATOES (WITH OUR OWN SEED POTATOES FROM PREVIOUS YEAR) AND ONE LONG ROW OF ONIONS.
AFTER MOWING STAS' TILLED CLOSE TO THE PLANTS AND JULIA RAKED AND HILLED THE PLANTS WITH THAT FRIABLE SOIL. SOOKIE WANTED TO BE IN THE ACT, BUT HAD TO BE DIVERTED TO HER OWN ANTICS.